Do you want your work to make a difference for NSW?
Together, we create thriving environments, communities and economies.
- Are you a detail-oriented payroll or finance professional seeking an exciting new opportunity?
- Creation of a Talent Pool for future temporary and ongoing opportunities
- Positions located across our Orange and Parramatta offices with hybrid/ flexible working supported
- Clerk Grade 3/4 – Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $79,032 to $86,539 + super
Our Payroll and Finance Shared Services Teams currently have fantastic opportunities for motivated payroll and finance professionals to bring their experience and genuine passion for providing outstanding customer service and be part of our talent pool for ongoing and temporary Payroll and Finance Officer roles that may become available over the next eighteen months.
Our Payroll and Finance Officers are a valued and crucial role within the Department, delivering accurate, timely, and compliant payroll services, financial transaction processing related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel and expense management and monitor revenue and debt management according to the relevant awards, agreements, and legislative requirements. They also actively contribute to building and maintaining a positive service culture with a customer-centric focus, assisting clients with payroll and finance queries and resolving identified issues effectively and efficiently.
Why join our team?
- Fantastic Team Culture – Be a part of collegiate and hard-working teams who approach their busy day-to-day work with good humour and a sense of fun
- Genuine long-term career opportunities – The department offers great internal training and career development opportunities to promote success
- Flexible Working – not only in hours but location. Our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self
- Diverse Range of Complex, Rewarding and Engaging work
- Focus on Wellbeing and Work/Life Balance – Flex leave can be accrued in addition to the 20 annual leave days; access to a Fitness Passport (
); DPHI Work Mates peer support program and much more
To excel in these roles, you’ll bring sound knowledge and experience across payroll and finance functions and processes. You will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, bringing excellent organisational, with the ability to ensure effective prioritisation to consistently meet critical deadlines. You have a genuine passion for providing outstanding customer service, have excellent communication skills, and a natural problem solver.
Precision is key for these roles; you will bring your keen eye for detail to maintain accuracy in this high-volume processing environment. You enjoy building trusting relationships, collaborating with your team, and taking initiative to ensure our commitment in maintaining high level of service and continuous improvement are met.
For more information read the full Role Descriptions: , ,
For more information from LinkedIn hit Apply to visit the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The (DPHI) are building the future of NSW through delivering diverse planning, housing solutions and infrastructure across the state. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.?
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPHI supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Sunday, 4th February 2024 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Lee Otukolo; Senior Manager Payroll Shared Services via .
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.
Find us on , , and .