Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Technical Assistant Grade 2
Remuneration: $30.16 – $31.31 per hour plus superannuation
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ455551
Location: Bathurst Health Services
Applications Close: 7 January 2024 – 11:59pm
About the opportunity
Are you looking for your next role? If you are interested in being part of a community focused, dedicated team of Pathology Collectors, this position is for you!
NSW Health Pathology is currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Assistant to join our team on a Casual basis.
What we can offer you
- Learning and development opportunities, including in-house training with RTO
What you’ll be doing
Contribute to a customer-focused pathology collection service across inpatient, outpatient and home care settings. Provide a high-quality healthcare service to all referrers and consumers. Perform venepuncture and other duties pertaining to specimen collection, data entry, and delivery into sites for pathology investigations as required.
Interested in joining Australia’s largest public pathology service? Apply now by addressing the following questions: * Certificate III in Pathology Collections and/or previous experience in venepuncture or a demonstrated ability to learn all aspects of the clinical environment relevant to the Department.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with patients, carers, and clinical staff in an environment transferrable to this role.
- Demonstrated problem solving and trouble shooting skills, with the ability to resolve general issues within the clinical environment including specimen preparation and transport ensuring viability of the specimens.
- Familiarity with pathology terminology and requirements and the willingness to learn a broad scope of collection, data entry and specimen preparation practices including paediatric and neonate blood collections.
- Unencumbered Class C Driver’s License (valid in NSW) or the capacity to travel to any site for a shift as required.
- Must be willing to participate in shift type work including weekend work as required and travel to any site or location within the operational area as requested.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a demanding professional team environment where there are competing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills including high attention to detail and data accuracy.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the
2) Find out more about for this position
3) For role related queries or questions contact Shannon Back on
Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases
This is a Category A position. All Category A applicants must read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases. All recruits must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy. All recruits must provide evidence against specified diseases and comply with the requirements of this policy at their own cost prior to appointment.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). Additionally, Category A workers are required to receive a booster dose three months after completing the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate (IM011 immunisation medical exemption form) certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
New to NSW Health Pathology?
The preferred candidate may be required to undergo a functional assessment prior to appointment.
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, an eligibility list will be created for future casual vacancies.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
NSW Health Pathology is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We seek to recruit from diverse applicants and create teams with skills, perspectives and experiences that complement each other at work. We welcome suitably qualified applicants regardless of age, ethnicity, socio-cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.