Are you looking for a lifestyle change to the beautiful countryside and haven’t found the right opportunity? Do you have demonstrated Project Engineering experience within FMCG or Manufacturing and are interested in a business that is family-owned, that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years? Then this role is for you!
Located at our Mars Petcare site in the charming town of Bathurst, NSW just two and a half hours from Sydney, we are looking for a Project Engineer that will manage their workload and associated resources to align with the demands of project rollouts.
This role offers an environment that presents the freedom within Engineering to develop strategic solutions; and career prospects for those looking for a valued and rewarding career with a business that is invested in personal development!
The role will be responsible for the administration and reporting of project portfolio progress.
• Execute Mars Petcare Capital Works projects and recommend resourcing (people, cost, timings) requirements to enable the delivery of the identified business goal
• Manage commitments for all capital projects and be responsible for delivering against project budgets and working within spend authorisation
• Develop and maintain site masterplan
• Manage the preparation of upcoming programs path and timeline
• Form, build and manage cross-function stakeholder relationships
The ideal candidate
• Supply/Manufacturing experience in Engineering at a Site level in a similar role/Industry
• Ability to influence stakeholders
• Proven success in Capital Works project valued at $2M + within Manufacturing
• Meticulous focus on Safety Management: identifying risks, safety procedures, and ways of working astute commercial and business acumen
Must be willing to be located to or near Bathurst. Relocation assistance offered for the right candidate!
Why Mars Australia?
• Awarded #5 for 2019 in the Best Places to Work Australia survey (1,000 + employees category)
• Genuine focus on your personal and professional development with access to world-class training
• Access to our global health and wellbeing program to support work-life balance
• Opportunity to make a positive impact on the world with our volunteer and ambassador programs
• Enjoy a great culture ensuring that the world of tomorrow will have even more smiles
Mars is a family-owned, principle led business that’s been making products for people (and the pets that people love) for more than 100 years. At Mars Petcare we’re inspired to make A Better World For Pets, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome. Our Associates spend their days thinking about the 400 million pets of the world and how to improve their lives. This involves everything from their nutrition — through foods like PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS® and ROYAL CANIN® — to the big picture, working to end pet homelessness.
For more information about careers at Mars, please visit careers.mars.com where you can speak with our Associates directly and ask any questions you might have!
Mars Australia & New Zealand is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. As we prefer to manage all sourcing directly, please do apply to this role if you are interested. Introductions via agency will not be accepted.