2x Temporary full-time appointments available up to three (3) years from entry on duty date
About the role
Supporting the delivery of a range of learning and wellbeing services and programs to enhance student wellbeing and to meet the needs of a diverse range of students, including Aboriginal students, students with disability and/or additional learning or behaviour needs and those at risk of disengaging.
Please address the selection criteria in relation to the Statement of Duties for the position in your application. Please note that it is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online. No paper based, email based or late applications will be accepted.
About the Department of Education
The Department of Education is the largest provider of public education in Australia with responsibility for delivering high-quality public education to two-thirds of the NSW student population.
For more information about the Department of Education, please visit NSW Department of Education
How to apply
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all candidates including people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from all diversity groups, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background or sexual orientation.
To apply for this role, please submit an application by clicking “Apply Online” below. To apply, you will need to attach a cover letter (max. 2 pages) and your resume (max. 5 pages) in either Word or PDF format. Please address any pre-screening questions and any essential requirements. We are looking for you to demonstrate your competence in the focus capabilities as outlined in the role description in your answer, so please develop your response with this in mind.
Note: the selection process will include a range of assessment techniques to assist in determining your suitability for the role.
Please Note: Permanent teachers taking up non-school based temporary appointments, the right of return to their substantive position has been extended to up to 3 years.
The current transitional arrangement for the recruitment of Non-School Based Teaching Service positions, has been extended to include all Senior Education Officer 1 (SEO1) and Senior Education 2 (SEO2) positions across the Department.
Applicants should refer to the transitional arrangements for further information.
This is a child-related role. If you are the successful applicant you will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information, visit https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check and in addition your employment may be subject to the Department’s National Criminal Records Check to determine your suitability for employment.
Existing internal employees are encouraged to refer to the vacation guide for teachers taking up a temporary Non-School Based Teaching Service positions.
If you are called to interview you will need to provide the following:
Key Application Responses
- Teaching qualifications and recent school based experience within the K-12 range
- Demonstrated commitment to participating in accreditation processes
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively and liaise and negotiate with key stakeholders
- High level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain accurate and comprehensive written records
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum content and understanding of current trends in teaching, learning and student wellbeing
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver professional development programs Various Roles for teachers
- Proven successful experience in the planning, design, development, budgeting and evaluation of quality programs
- Capacity to innovate, problem solve and develop creative solutions to emerging issues
- Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Department’s Aboriginal Education Policy and upholding the Department’s Partnership Agreement with the NSW AECG and to ensure quality outcomes for Aboriginal people.