Organisation / Entity: Mercy Health
Job category: Patient Support Services | Hospital Assistant
Job location: Regional NSW / Riverina & Murray
Job reference number: 17032
Work type: Flexibility available
Total remuneration package: $25.66 – $25.66
Closing date: Ongoing
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Summary of the role: This is a casual position in the Hotel Services Department. We have a small dedicated team that provides an excellent service to our clients. Duties might include, food tray assembly, food preparation, delivery of service and cleaning of the facility. No split shifts or real early starts.
- Casual Positions
- Reporting to the Catering and Housekeeping Manager you will provide assistance with delivery, preparation and heating of meals according to individual residents dietary requirements
- Ensure dining areas and kitchen are kept tidy and in a safe state at all times
- Food Safety Handler certificate – Level 1 (can provide a food safety link if successful)
- Experience in large-scale catering and Aged Care is highly desirable
- Ability to operate in a team environment and prioritise during peak periods
- A passion for great food service whilst being customer and safety focused
- An understanding that producing nutritious meals is an important part of home life for residents (and their families)
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health – our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health is committed to public health and safety measures that protect the health and lives of our people and the individuals and communities we serve. As a Catholic organisation we believe in the principle of the common good and as such we expect our staff to participate in immunisations/vaccinations to safeguard the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Fiona Hogg Hotel Services Supervisor
To view the position description or submit your application please click here.
Job Closing Date 15 Feb, 2024