First Nations Engagement Officer
Job No: WaterNSW2384
Location: Parramatta, Dubbo or Orange
Ready to make a splash in your career? WaterNSW is seeking an experienced First Nations Engagement Officer (Full-Time), to join our team.
This is an opportunity to work with an essential organisation creating a more sustainable future for the state.
This role offers the flexibility to work around life, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll be supported to build a rewarding career.
Location: We are open to having the preferred candidate to be based out of our Parramatta, Dubbo or Orange WaterNSW offices.
Our perks and Benefits:
At WaterNSW, we believe that our employees should be as well taken care of as our rivers, dams, and pipelines, that’s why we offer a load of benefits.
- Flexible working
- Work a 9-day fortnight at Full pay on the Enterprise agreement
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Fertility leave
- Yearly corporate wear allowance
- Professional development and educational assistance
- Salary Range $126,780 – $152,149 base + super
- And so much more!
What you’ll do:
- Support the implementation of First nations engagement and cultural heritage requirements in WaterNSW projects
- Support the implementation of appropriate strategies to improve communication and engagement with First Nations community / stakeholder groups and build and enhance strong relationships and partnerships in WaterNSW projects
- Facilitate WaterNSW role community meetings, forums, events that relate to First Nations connection to water, our operations and projects across NSW
- Support the implementation of a WaterNSW Reconciliation Action Plan through the development of a project plans and milestones and monitor, track and report on project progress
- Liaise, develop and deliver education and partnership programs with First Nations communities to enhance engagement and connection, and coordinate the delivery of on-site project cultural competency training as required
What we are looking for:
Note: This position is for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander who is: 1) of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; 2) identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; and 3) is accepted as such by the community in which he (she) was born, has lived or currently lives.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, communications, or community service disciplines, or relevant industry experience
- Experience in First Nations engagement, water industry infrastructure, construction or utility works & experience delivering First Nations engagement strategies within a large organisation or government department/agency
- Demonstrated ability to deliver partnership programs to provide employment, procurement or engagement opportunities for First Nations people & the ability to engage with operational groups to support First Nations engagement and cultural heritage in the delivery of maintenance projects.
- Ability to support the delivery of education projects for regional communities with the focus on First Nations students, and experience supporting and participating in First Nations events and community ceremonies
- Contemporary awareness of local issues and factors influencing land management / water issues within indigenous communities, with good knowledge regarding Aboriginal societies, including their history and current policies affecting their communities.
How we will support you:
At WaterNSW, we embrace the opportunity to integrate work into our life by having full ownership of our work week. We value getting the job done rather than looking at your work hours.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer and are committed to providing equal opportunities for women. Visit our WORK180 page to access our benefits and career development opportunities
More about our team/culture:
We communicate openly and honestly while maintaining respect for each other. This means we get things done. We understand that everyone is different, and this is what we value as part of our inclusive culture.
Who is WaterNSW?
When people think of essential human services, water supply is one of the first things that come to mind – and that’s where WaterNSW comes in. We are NSW’s primary bulk water supplier, river operator and comprehensive provider for licensing, water trades and water information.
For more information, please reach out to: Jasmine Choong on email@example.com.
Please note applications for this position will close on 12th December 2023.
You must have full work rights in Australia to qualify for all positions at WaterNSW.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Privacy and collection of your personal information
If you apply for a position via our website or , WaterNSW may collect your personal information. Please visit WaterNSW’s to view the Careers Collection Notice for more information about how WaterNSW collects, uses, and discloses your personal information.