Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme Available
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time or Part Time
Position Classification: Enrolled Nurse
Location: Lithgow Hospital
Remuneration: $31.84 – $34.60 per hour
Hours Per Week: Up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ450453
Applications Close: 24/12/2023
In accordance with the? (PD 2022_025), this position has been recognised as hard to fill/ critical to fill and has an incentive attached to this position. Please visit for additional information.
With CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment,
working with us will ensure your professional life is provided every opportunity to succeed
and develop in your chosen career role.
What we can offer you (for eligible employees):
· Accrued Day Off (ADO) (for full time employees)
· Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging
· Novated Leasing
· Great education opportunities through Education Training Service which offers over 110 courses each year
· Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
· Fitness Passport
What you will be doing:?
An exciting opportunity is available for an Enrolled Nurse to join the Lithgow Hospital on a Permanent basis. In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Provision of safe patient care
- Provision of care activities to patients in accordance with the nursing care plan and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within the scope of practice of an Enrolled Nurse specific to service need
- Contribute to collecting accurate health care information and maintaining accurate health care documentation as required
- Communicate effectively with patients and other health care team members in accordance with appropriate protocol
Both Full Time and Part Time opportunities are available.
An eligibility list may be created for future vacancies.?
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD) is a wonderful place to expand your career and grow your skills and knowledge. As a recognised leader in the healthcare industry, we provide a range of public health services to the Nepean and Blue Mountains and Lithgow Region.?
NBMLHD: is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). Additionally, Category A workers are required to receive a booster dose three months after completing the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate (IM011 immunisation medical exemption form) certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified and must not exceed the duration or conditions associated with the current visa.
Selection Criteria to be Addressed:
- Current registration Division 2 (without notation) – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience and demonstrated skill in acute nursing
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to provide person centred care
- Demonstrated effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work a flexible roster, day, evening or night shift across all days of the week according to the unit/service requirements
Need more information?
1) Click here for the
2) Find out more about for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Danell Thompson on