NSW Government Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Enrolled Nurse
Location: Portland Tabulam Health Centre
Remuneration: $31.84 – $ 34.60 per hour
Requisition ID: REQ460656
Applications Close: 25/02/2024
With CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment,
working with us will ensure your professional life is provided every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen career role.
- Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging
- Novated Leasing
- Great education opportunities through Education Training Service which offers over 110 courses each year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Fitness Passport
What you will be doing:
We are seeking qualified Enrolled Nurses to join our team in Portland Tabulam Health Centre on a casual basis.
Your role as an Enrolled Nurse is to provide safe patient/resident care as directed by the Nurse Manager Portland Tabulam. The provision of care activities to patients/residents in accordance with the nursing care plan and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within the scope of practice of an Enrolled Nurse is expected for this position.
As the successful incumbent, you will communicate effectively with patients/residents, their families and other health care team members whilst contributing to and maintaining accurate health information and documentation.
An eligibility list may be created for future vacancies.
Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (NBMLHD) is a wonderful place to expand your career and grow your skills and knowledge. As a recognised leader in the healthcare industry, we provide a range of public health services to the Nepean and Blue Mountains and Lithgow Region.
NBMLHD: is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course (2 doses) of a Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved or recognised COVID-19 vaccine (except for the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine which is approved by the TGA as a single dose primary course). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health or provide an Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW. A NSW Health agency may require further information about the medical contraindication (including but not limited to an Immunisation Medical Exemption form – IM011 form).
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified and must not exceed the duration or conditions associated with the current visa.
Selection criteria to be addressed:
- Current registration as an Enrolled Nurse (Division 2) with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Experience and demonstrated skill in Aged Care Nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a person-centred approach to nursing with a willingness to embrace change in the delivery of care.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a flexible rotating roster (includes day, evening and night shift across all days of the week, including Public Holidays) according to the unit/service requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of the multidisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to practice in accordance with legislation, policies and within the scope of practice for an Enrolled Nurse.
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Nichole Simmons on Nichole.Simmons@health.nsw.gov.au