NSW Government Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
Position Classification: Enrolled Nurse
Location: Portland Tabulam Health Centre
Remuneration: $31.84 – $34.60 per hour + rural incentives
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ458467
Applications Close: 04/02/2024
In accordance with the Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme (PD 2022_025), this position has been recognised as hard to fill/ critical to fill and has an incentive attached to this position. Please visit NSW Health Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme for additional information.
and develop in your chosen career role.
- Accrued Day Off (ADO) (for full time employees)
- Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging
- Novated Leasing
- Great education opportunities through Education Training Service which offers over 110 courses each year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Fitness Passport
What you will be doing:
We are seeking qualified Enrolled Nurses to join our team in Portland Tabulam Health Centre in Full Time or Part Time assignments.
Your role as an Enrolled Nurse will see you work collaboratively to provide safe, compassionate, person-centred health care in collaboration with patients, families, carers and multidisciplinary teams.
This imperative role will see you providing safe patient/ resident care as directed by the Nurse Manager Portland Tabulam. The provision of care activities to patients/residents in accordance with the nursing care plan and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within the scope of practice of an Enrolled Nurse is expected for this position.
As the successful incumbent, you will communicate effectively with patients/residents, their families and other health care team members whilst contributing to and maintaining accurate health information and documentation.
An eligibility list may be created for future vacancies.
NBMLHD: is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
Selection Criteria to be Addressed:
- Current registration as an Enrolled Nurse (Division 2) with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Experience and demonstrated skill in Aged Care Nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work.
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a person-centred approach to nursing with a willingness to embrace change in the delivery of care.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a flexible rotating roster (includes day, evening and night shift across all days of the week, including Public Holidays) according to the unit/service requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of the multidisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to practice in accordance with legislation, policies and within the scope of practice for an Enrolled Nurse.
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Nichole Simmons on Nichole.Simmons@health.nsw.gov.au