Cyber Security Support Officer, Temporary, BATHURST
- Graduate position
- Temporary 12 months
- Clerk grade 3/4
- Bathurst location
About the Role
Cyber Security NSW is looking for a Cyber Security Support Officer to join our Vulnerability Management Centre in Bathurst. We are looking for people seeking their first role in Cyber Security, such as recent graduates or people who have undertaken training to change careers. The ideal candidate will have solid ICT training and a demonstrated passion for, and qualifications in, Cyber Security.
This is a one-year temporary placement in which you will gain hands on experience in all aspects of vulnerability management and be given the opportunity to pursue a personal project in research or development relating to vulnerability management.
This role will be based in Bathurst. Cyber Security NSW supports flexible and remote working, however the successful candidate for this role must be able to work onsite in Bathurst when required.
Key accountabilities include:
· Analysing data to detect cyber vulnerabilities for further investigation by the team.
· Assisting with technical scanning using documented policies and procedures.
· Participating in the development of new tools and techniques for vulnerability detection.
· Assisting in the maintenance of documents and records.
· Assisting staff within the team as directed by the Leadership team.
· Developing and maintaining knowledge of IT and security vulnerabilities and exploits.
· Ensuring security of tools and information within team.
To be successful in the role you will:
· Be able to adapt quickly, continually working to keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
· Have well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
· Be willing to work flexibly in response to cyber incidents including being onsite at Bathurst as required.
· Proactively manage own tasks.
· Have a good understanding of ICT and Cyber Security terminology, concepts and protocols.
· Possess tertiary qualifications in Cyber Security.
Australian citizenship with the successful applicant having, or being able to attain and maintain, a baseline security clearance or higher as a condition of employment.
When Applying for this Role
Please include the following to apply for this role:
· A current resume (maximum four pages)
· A cover letter (maximum one page) which includes
o a brief statement addressing why you are applying for this role and what qualities you have that make you an ideal candidate
o a short statement (25 words or less) which outlines your proposal for a project (eg: a research topic or development of a tool) you would like to undertake in the field of Vulnerability Management
· Your academic transcript
About Cyber Security NSW Branch:
The Cyber Security NSW is a whole-of-government function located within Digital.NSW in the Department of Customer Service. We are responsible for ensuring a cyber safe NSW. The protection of our systems and digital information is vital because of the many essential services NSW Government provides including health, emergency services, and transport. Furthermore, the exciting digital transformation being undertaken across NSW Government requires similarly enhanced cyber security capabilities.
At the centre of this exciting and growing cyber capability, Cyber Security NSW is working across NSW Government to:
· Create a whole-of-government integrated approach to managing cyber risk and responding to cyber security threats
· Increase cyber skills and awareness
· Understand the risks from cyber threats to our digital information and systems
· Set cyber security standards
· Ensure we are prepared if a damaging cyber incident occurs
Working at Department of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service is a great place to work!
Our values of accountability, trust, service and integrity drive our initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset.
Salary Grade 3/4, with the base salary for this role starting at $74,117 base plus superannuation
Click Here to access the Role Description. For enquiries relating to recruitment please contact Amy Vierboom via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd October 2021 @ 9.59am
The Department of Customer Service is proud to be an EEO Employer who are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all identities making us different and a true reflection of our NSW customers. As an inclusive workplace, we support various employee resource groups, practice flexible work and workplace adjustment.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.