NSW Government Western NSW Local Health District
Employment Type: Temporary Part Time (Up to 21 Dec 2024)
Position Classification: Clinical Nurse Consultant Grade 1
Remuneration: $123,031.85 – $125546.86 pa (+ superannuation + salary packaging options are available to reduce your taxable income and increase your take-home pay)
Requisition ID: REQ459862
Location: Orange, NSW – Find out more
Hours Per Week: 19
Applications Close: 20 Feb 2024 – 11:59pm
Clinical Nurse Consultant – Mental Health Drug & Alcohol (MHDA)
Mental Health Drug and Alcohol – Orange
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a Clinical Nurse Consultant (CNC) to join the Mental Health Drug & Alcohol (MHDA) – Bloomfield Campus team to work within a supportive and innovative team to provide quality care to consumers with severe substance dependence.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about mental health and Drug & Alcohol nursing, has extensive experience in Drug & Alcohol and will bring to the role a forward thinking and positive attitude that will foster clinical excellence, research and professional leadership.
If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join our team!
You will be based at Mental Health Drug & Alcohol Services (MHDA) – Bloomfield Campus.
MHDA Bloomfield Campus provides inpatient services which includes a child and adolescent unit, a state-wide forensic rehabilitation unit, a mental health intensive care unit, adult acute unit, older person’s acute unit, and a range of non-acute state-wide and district inpatient units for adults and older people.
The Involuntary Drug and Alcohol Treatment unit is an eight (8) bed unit and is one of two in the state that provide supervised medical withdrawal and rehabilitation programs for consumers who require supportive interventions. The IDAT program provides involuntary treatment as an option of last resort to people with severe substance dependence.
A career with Western NSW means you can challenge yourself, make an impact and shape the future of rural health. To explore the benefits of a career in our Local Health District, visit the WNSWLHD website.
To apply for this role:
- Create a profile in the Recruitment & Onboarding (ROB) System or sign in using your existing login
- Upload your current resume
- Answer the selection criteria
Role-related enquiries: Please contact Mishelle Lopez, Nurse Unit Manager on (02) 6369 7667 or at Mishelle.Lopez@health.nsw.gov.au for more information.
Additional information for applicants:
- All suitably qualified Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply for this position. This is a targeted position under GSE Rule 26. Where possible, affirmative action will be applied to support employment of eligible persons.
- This recruitment may be used to create an Eligibility List for similar roles in the future (ongoing or temporary) that may arise in the next 18 months.
- Western NSW is committed to creating a safe and accessible workplace that promotes diversity, inclusion and belonging. As a vibrant and diverse region, rich in community and culture, we welcome applications from all people to build a respectful workplace dedicated to delivering the best health outcomes for our community.
- To find out more about the remuneration and conditions, visit NSW Public Health System Awards
- For more information, visit a Guide to Employment with WNSWLHD