NSW Government Western NSW Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Clinical Nurse Consultant Grade 1
Remuneration: $123,031.85 – $125,546.86pa (+ superannuation + salary packaging options are available to reduce your taxable income and increase your take-home pay)
Requisition ID: REQ454967
Location: Orange NSW, , NSW – Find out more
Hours Per Week: 16
Applications Close: 4 February 2024, 11:59pm
Clinical Nurse Consultant
BreastScreen – Orange NSW
About the role
Based in Orange, you will be working in a job share capacity with Clinical Nurse Consultants. You will provide evidenced based, client centred care and counselling for clients undergoing screening and assessment within the BreastScreen NSW Greater Western (GW) service which operates within Western NSW and Far West LHDs. You will a part of an experienced clinical team, delivering exceptional care to women in Western NSW.
Travel to attend assessments clinics in Dubbo and on occasions Broken Hill is an inherent aspect of the role and may involve overnight stays. Travel to fixed sites, including Bathurst, Dubbo and Broken Hill.
At Breast Screen NSW, we aim to improve the survival rates of women with breast cancer by providing free screening mammograms to women aged 40-74 throughout the Western and Greater Western region of NSW. Women aged 75+ are also eligible to attend.
BreastScreen NSW is part of the national BreastScreen Australia program, which is jointly funded by the Commonwealth, and state and territory governments.
This service aims to detect breast cancer early, before it has a chance to spread. Early detection of cancer increases the treatment options available and improves the chance of survival.
BreastScreen Western NSW has four sites that are fixed which are Bathurst, Broken Hill, Dubbo and Orange. The mobile Screening van travels thought out West and Far west NSW to reduce the impact of travel for these rural and remote women.
Applicants should be aware that being female is a genuine occupational qualification for this position as described under Section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977 (NSW).
A career with Western NSW means you can challenge yourself, make an impact and shape the future of rural health. To explore the benefits of a career in our Local Health District, visit the WNSWLHD website.
To apply for this role:
- Create a profile in the Recruitment & Onboarding (ROB) System or sign in using your existing login
- Upload your current resume
- Answer the selection criteria
Role-related enquiries: Please contact Deon Adamson on (02) 6369 3607 or at Deon.email@example.com for more information.
Additional information for applicants:
- All suitably qualified Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply for this position. This is a targeted position under GSE Rule 26. Where possible, affirmative action will be applied to support employment of eligible persons.
- This recruitment may be used to create an Eligibility List for similar roles in the future (ongoing or temporary) that may arise in the next 18 months.
- Western NSW is committed to creating a safe and accessible workplace that promotes diversity, inclusion and belonging. As a vibrant and diverse region, rich in community and culture, we welcome applications from all people to build a respectful workplace dedicated to delivering the best health outcomes for our community.
- To find out more about the remuneration and conditions, visit NSW Public Health System Awards
- For more information, visit a Guide to Employment with WNSWLHD