- Positively impact the future of the hospitality industry
- Enjoy diversity and flexibility with this casual opportunity
- Casual Opportunities located at both TAFE NSW Bathurst & Parkes Campuses
BE in a career you love with TAFE NSW…
TAFE NSW is the leading provider of vocational education and training in Australia. Each year, more than 430,000 students enrol in our courses and training. We aim to skill the workforce for the future through high quality, personalised education and training.
TAFE NSW is looking for individuals with current experience and knowledge in the Hospitality industry to join our Class Support Team as a Class Preparation Assistant. Casual opportunities available at our TAFE NSW Bathurst Campus and Parkes Campuses.
About the role
The Class Preparation Assistant is responsible for all hygiene and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and compliance criteria around responsible storage and disposal of food, as well as preparation of classroom commodities and food preparation, classroom cleaning and set up.
You’ll love this role if you:
- Are passionate about maintaining hygiene and food safety standards and have knowledge of HACCP principles.
- See yourself being hands on in managing equipment levels and quality control of goods in our kitchens, cool rooms, freezers and dry store areas.
- Are keen to provide food and beverage support services to support learning outcomes and delivery.
- Certificate II in relevant discipline or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience.
- Skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies, in particular Excel.
To be considered for this role you must meet all essential requirements listed in the below Position Description.
Your application for this role must include:
- Click “Apply now” where you will be required to answer two target questions outlining your suitability.
- Attach an updated resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and how you meet the essential requirements detailed in the Position Description
- Provide certified copies of your qualifications
- Please ensure all attachments are in PDF format where possible
Applications close: Tuesday, 12 July 2022 at 11.59pm
Job Specific Enquiries: Clare Johnston, R/Roster Controller via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 7921 5858
Technical issues: please contact I Work For NSW Support Team on 1800 562 679 (Mon-Fri) or email@example.com
An Eligibility list will be created and will be used to access suitable applicants for any casual Class Preparation Assistant opportunities available at the Bathurst & Parkes locations. Eligibility lists are maintained to ensure that there are sufficient lists of qualified applicants that can be engaged when required to meet current and anticipated business needs.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
Our Commitment to your Health, Safety and Well-being
TAFE NSW is committed to continuing to provide a safe workplace and have put systems and support in place for all our employees to work and deliver safely and flexibly through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Please be advised that all TAFE NSW employees are required to show evidence of a COVID-19 vaccination via the COVID-19 digital certificate or COVID-19 vaccine medical contraindication certificate.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At TAFE NSW, we are committed to creating an inclusive workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
We will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please contact Stacey Ferguson via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Class Preparation Assistant is responsible for managing classroom preparation and venue services for the Hospitality teaching section. Please outline your demonstrated experience in stores procurement and commercial kitchen procedures and processes including knowledge of hospitality equipment operation and maintenance.
- Please provide a recent example when you have identified a hazard and what you did to ensure a safe working environment?