- Become a Casual Assessor within Training and Assessment at a world class education provider
- Opportunities available at Tamworth, Armidale, Dubbo, Orange and Bathurst
- $54.05 per hour
TAFE NSW is Australia’s leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 enrolments each year. Our ambition is to be the brand in global demand to build skills for success in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
TAFE NSW is looking for qualified, experienced individuals who wish to be considered for casual Assessor opportunities in Training and Assessment. Working on an ad-hoc basis we are looking for experienced and passionate subject matter experts to support the team by Assessing students across the region.
To succeed in the role, you will need to be experienced within Training and Assessment with 3 years industry experience. You have previous experience within an education environment and an understanding of learning materials with the ability to create assessments within a VET environment. Your experience will include both traditional face to face environments and virtual environments.
Working within an agile environment, you are quick to think on your feet and have the ability to be innovative and think outside the square. Within the work environment, you will be focussed on the role at hand, supporting your students to obtain their qualifications for future career opportunities.
Be a part of a business that makes a difference to people’s lives!
To be considered for the role you will have;
- TAE50111/TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
- a higher level qualification in adult education (specifically related to teaching adults)Diploma or higher qualification in Training and Assessment e.g.
- Minimum three years, relevant industry experience post Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
- Previous experience in an education environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct assessments, validations and moderations in the VET environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated understanding of VET regulatory compliance requirements
- Understanding of learning materials
- Commitment and ability to provide feedback in an adult learning environment
- Ability to establish effective relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds
How to Apply
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Click ‘Apply Now’ where you will be required to answer two targeted questions (max 300 words)
Applications Close: Monday 25th October 2021 at 11.59pm
Role Enquiries: Please contact Sue Lockett, Team Leader Business Services via email Susan.Lockett1@tafensw.edu.au
As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance. For permanent positions you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. For temporary positions, it is generally acceptable for you to have a current visa that allows you to work in Australia.
TAFE NSW is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
We encourage applications from people with a disability and will make any reasonable adjustment that you need both in the interview process and on the job – if you need assistance please contact Tracey Klein via Tracey.Klein2@tafensw.edu.au
Key Application Responses
Responses to the following questions will be required as part of the application process. Please prepare your responses in a word document and copy and paste as required. Please limit your responses to a max 300 words per response.
- Provide an example where you have created or customised an assessment for Training and Assessment. Outline how did you come up with the idea for assessment and what the assessment entailed.
- TAFE NSW values diversity and our students come from many different cultural backgrounds and various ages and socio-economic groups. Please outline an example of where you have effectively established relationships and provided professional support to a diverse cohort of students.