Assessors – Early Childhood Education and Care
- Supportive team environment
- Positively impact the future of your industry
- Ongoing opportunities and career development
TAFE NSW supports and empowers thousands of students in hundreds of courses across multiple campuses and online. We are one of Australia’s largest vocational education and training providers.
TAFE NSW is looking for qualified, experienced individuals who wish to be considered for Casual Assessor opportunities within Narrabri, Bathurst, Broken Hill, Armidale, Tamworth and/or Gunnedah. The Assessor is responsible for the design, validation and implementation of assessments and moderations suited to a range of modes and locations. The Assessor supports teachers and head teachers in meeting ASQA compliance functions.
You are passionate about sharing your extensive industry experience in Early Childhood Education and Care. You have the ambition and drive to succeed in providing a range of activities which directly and indirectly support learning and enhance the educative process, we want to hear from you.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Relevant qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care (minimum Diploma in Early childhood Education and care or equivalent).
- Appropriate vocational and/or industry experience in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- Assessor skillset TAESS00011 or equivalent (qualification in Training and Assessment).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct assessments, validations and moderations in the VET environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of VET regulatory compliance requirements.
- Understanding of the content of learning materials and the processes used in the discipline and a commitment to maintain professional currency.
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to be proactive and show initiative and good organisational skills.
- Commitment and ability to provide feedback in an adult learning environment and a demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage students.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and to provide quality customer service as part of a broader team.
- Skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies.
Would you like more information?
Want to join us? Here’s how to apply:
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Address the selection criteria
- Provide written response to the Selection Criteria
Applications close Wednesday 16 June, 2021 at 11.59pm
TAFE NSW is committed to diversity and fosters an inclusive environment in which all employees feel a sense of belonging.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this position and we will make any adjustments that you need in the interview process and on the job to help you demonstrate your full potential.
You will be required to undertake a national criminal history check and obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance as a condition of employment. For more information, visit Office of the Children’s Guardian website.
For permanent positions in the NSW Public Sector, you need to be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.