Are you looking for a role in the building and construction industry and want to join an in-demand trade? Then this could be your next opportunity. Skillset in conjunction with a thriving local plastering business are seeking applications for those committed to completing their Wall and Ceiling Apprenticeship. The successful candidate will complete a Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining over a four-year period whilst receiving practical training from industry experts.
You will gain experience in working with various materials, finishes, cornices and baulk heads, and the skills and knowledge to work on a range of plastering projects. This entry-level opportunity is suited to applicants who are highly-motivated, precision focused, adaptable and are looking to pursue a career in plastering.
- Excellent career opportunity to join a friendly business committed to teaching practical skills one on one to excel in the industry
- A full time, four-year placement that will provide formal on the job training specialising in residential builds
· You will be allocated a dedicated Skillset Consultant who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship
· At the successful completion of the role you will graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Assist tradespeople in plastering projects across a variety of new residential builds
- Install and finish plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting to walls and ceilings
- Level and straighten corners, angles and wall and ceiling surfaces
- Mix and apply coats of plaster and render by using trowels to obtain an even thickness and apply finishing coats to give a smooth finish
- Assist in the installation of all types of cornices from large plaster cornices to ceiling roses
- Use a variety of hands and power tools (hammers, hand saws, sanders and laser levels etc.)
- Adhere to Work Place Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Complete all related TAFE work and attend classes associated with the Apprenticeship
WE ARE SEEKING INDIVIDUALS:
- Display interest in plastering and pursuing it as a career
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment
- Have the ability to prioritise workloads, are organised and have time management skills
- Show commitment to the study component of the Apprenticeship
- Current Driver’s Licence or Provisional Licence (essential)
- White Card or be willing to obtain one before commencement (essential)
NEXT STEP/RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
- The first stage of assessment is an online entrance exam that will be emailed to you automatically when you apply. Individuals who do not complete the online entrance exam within the specified timeframe will be unable to progress to the next stage.
- Only applications with a cover letter and up-to-date resume will be considered
- Your cover letter must address the selection criteria and tell us why you are interested in the traineeship. We would also love to hear about any experience you have in the community services field
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate work rights in Australia
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Click the APPLY NOW button or go to https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
- Upload your cover letter and resume
- All applicants are encouraged to apply immediately
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff, Apprentices and Trainees.
Skillset has over 39 years industry experience operating in the Central West, providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.
Skillset has a great range of exciting opportunities available, visit: https://skillset.com.au/job-vacancies/
CareerLink Central West is a free career development service providing you with accessible, quality careers information to make informed career decisions.
Keep up-to-date with upcoming career events, webinars, newsletters and useful resources to help you on your career journey. If you are 25 – 44 and live in the Central West NSW, you may be eligible for a Free Career Consultation. Click on the link below and fill in the form to be contacted for an appointment: https://skillset.com.au/employment-career-development/careerlink-central-west-2/
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship