- Provide a high level of administrative support
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bathurst, NSW
Skillset has been established in the Central West, NSW for over 39 years and exists so that the local communities we serve have the skills they need for the future, making businesses more successful and strengthening community sustainability.
Skillset has an outstanding opportunity for a focused and proactive Administration & Program Support Officer to work within the Local Jobs Program (LJP). The LJP identifies employment priorities, what employers are looking for in the Central West and ways to support job seekers to move into jobs and training.
This opportunity will appeal to an individual who is passionate about people, has an interest in providing a high level of administrative support and motivated by a challenge to further their career with a leading, award-wining, regional organisation.
This role will provide secretariat services for the taskforce and support the Employment Facilitator.
This role will include but is not limited to:
- Supporting the Facilitator in the delivery of the LJP
- Engaging with the wider community, including supporting job seekers
- Effectively liaising with local government, local businesses and organisations
- Preparing meeting papers, including agenda and minutes
- Maintaining and updating the Local Jobs Plan
- Analysing labour market data and information
- Collating and drafting monthly reports to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- Undertaking ad hoc reporting as required by the department
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Certificate IV in Administration, Business or equivalent
- Experience working with a Job Active – highly desirable
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated administration experience supporting senior level staff
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office
- High level attention to detail, planning and organisation skills
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Drivers Licence
- A supportive and collaborative team culture
- An exciting and diverse role where every day is different
- Ongoing, full time work in a regional location
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click “Apply” button to upload your cover letter and resume.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately and we will be reviewing applications as they are submitted, therefore, the role may be filled prior to the close date of Saturday 4th December, 2021.
*Applicants must be able to demonstrate Australian Work Rights
*Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered
*Applicants must be willing to obtain or have a current Working with Children Check
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift