Senior Client Service Officer
- 1x Ongoing Full-Time Vacancy
- Location: Albury
- Talent Pool will also be created for Albury
- Clerk Grade 5/6, Base Salary range $87,493 – $96,540 pa plus superannuation & annual leave loading
- Opportunities for learning, development, and internal career progression.
- Generous leave entitlements including Flex Leave.
About the Department
The Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) was formed in 2019 with the merger of two former departments Family and Community Services (FACS) and Justice.
About the Agency
Housing Services an agency of The Department of Communities and Justice directly supports approximately 800,000 people every year and reaches a further million people through local community-based programs.
Housing Services is one of the largest providers of social housing in the world, providing a range of housing solutions to meet the needs of today’s community.
In partnership with the community, industry and individuals we provide safe, decent and affordable housing opportunities for those most in need so that they can live with dignity, find support if needed and achieve sustainable futures.
About the Opportunity/Role
The Senior Client Service Officer (SCSO) provides a range of business support and administrative services to facilitate the delivery of business operations in a fast pace environment.
You will be passionate about making a difference and delivering innovative solutions for people experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. You will have a strong customer focus and a commitment to person-centered, culturally sensitive client outcomes.
The role also includes providing a broad range of applicant, tenancy and property management services and advice to clients including those with complex support needs, advocates and other stakeholders across the access and tenancy service streams.
You will be working across a range of Housing programs, policies and systems to maximise efficiency and service delivery outcomes as well as providing coaching and support to team members.
Working collaboratively with Client Service Officers, Team Leaders, including internal and external service providers, you will develop innovative strategies to deliver improved client outcomes and contribute to continual improvement in achieving key performance indicators for the District.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Capacity to understand and use computers, telecommunications, audio-visual equipment or other technologies used by the organisation
- Knowledge of support services available to clients
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of issues impacting client’s ability to access housing and the experience in linking clients to appropriate housing products to meet these housing needs.
- Ability to prioritise a set of tasks on behalf of the team
- Possession of a minimum Provisional 2 NSW Driver’s Licence and a willingness to travel to and work with clients in their home (a corporate vehicle will be provided for travel between office and clients home).
This recruitment aims to also create a Talent Pool for ongoing and temporary positions in Albury, as they arise in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
A Talent Pool is valid for a period of up to 18 months.
Being placed in a recruitment pool is a great opportunity to be considered for roles throughout an 18-month period. It means you may have opportunities to contribute to a range of initiatives and gain a wider range of experiences to grow your career, as well as providing you with the freedom to decide which opportunities to accept.
For detailed information on the key accountabilities and capability framework, please click here to view the role description.
What we can offer you
- Location: Albury
- Opportunities for learning, development, and internal career progression. DCJ invests in the professional development of their employees. Role specific training is available to all new employees to support them to feel confident in the work they do.
- Salary range $87,493 – $96,540 plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- 4 weeks annual leave per year of service
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Flexible work practices
How to Apply
Simply click ‘apply’ to complete the application form.
When applying you will need to:
- Attach your resume (maximum 5 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) outlining how you meet the requirements and capabilities of this role as specified in the role description.
Find out more
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here
For any enquiries regarding the role please contact Kelly Shields on (02) 6041 9680 or Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11:59pm Thursday 26th May 2022
Appointments are subject to reference checks and may also require the following checks/clearances:
- National Criminal History Record Check in accordance with the Disability Inclusion Act 2014
- You may also be asked to complete a Health Declaration Form in later stages of the assessment process.
- It is an essential requirement of the role that successful applicants are fully vaccinated and able to provide acceptable proof of vaccination status.
To ensure recruitment at the Department of Communities and Justice continues without interruption during the COVID-19 pandemic, some interviews and assessments may be performed using alternative methods.
This may include video interviewing, telephone interviewing and online assessments. If you are successful following review of your application, you may need to perform assessments and/or interviews via online platforms using a PC, laptop or smart phone. By doing so, we will be adhering to the strict social distancing advice currently in place.
Inclusion and Diversity lies at the heart of how we recruit:
We continue to hire great people with a wide variety of skills, experience and backgrounds. This includes people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people identifying as LGBTIQ+ and other diversity groups.
If you require further information about the application process or require an adjustment within the recruitment process, please contact Jessica Akole via 02 9765 5557 or email@example.com and advise us of your preferred method of communication.
If you are looking for more information about workplace adjustments at DCJ, please visit our Careers site
Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to receiving your application.