Circular Plastics Australia (CPA)
What’s on offer
- Day, Afternoon and Night Shift available
- Part of new Greenfields site and global technology
- Positive team environment and safety-first culture
- Further Training provided in key areas
Highly driven with a strong commitment to safety, the Sorter roles will be responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting of materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties.
- Separating recyclables from the stream and removing unacceptable material from the line to ensure the best quality material for processing.
- Sort materials into appropriate containers for cleaning, recycling, processing, storing, shipping or grading.
- Operate equipment (as required), such as forklifts, to move materials for processing.
- Visual inspection of recyclables on conveyor (will involve physical aspects of walking up and down stairs/platforms)
A team player who is looking to develop their skills, you will take great pride in being a contributing member of this newly established workforce and play a an important part in delivering initiatives to process 28,000 tonnes of baled post-consumer PET per annum for conversion into food grade rPET resin.
Your skills and experience
- Visible belief and demonstrated commitment to safety in the workplace and working Toward Zero Harm
- Working background in plastics recycling and/or other recycling highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience of working within & actively contributing to a Continuous Improvement environment
- A strong work ethic, and a positive attitude that puts safety first.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job
- Be able to communicate often and professionally with co-workers and/ and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. TEAMWORK and collaborative mentality.
- Interview via Microsoft Teams
- Online Safety Assessment
- Face to face interview with Greenfields’s site Management
- Background Checks and Pre-Employment Medical
- Induction and Training
The safety of ALL employees of CPA comes FIRST! We are a large, geographically diverse organisation and to date, we have been unflinching in our commitment to adopting a strong approach to controlling the risk of COVID-19 in our workplaces. We will continue to move in line with Industry best practice and government direction, and it is likely, that in time we will also require vaccines in this workplace.