Circular Plastics Australia (CPA)
What’s on offer
- Day, Afternoon and Night Shift available
- Part of new Greenfields site and global technology
- Positive team environment and safety-first culture
- Further Training provided in key areas
Highly driven with a strong commitment to safety, the Operator roles will be responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting of materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties.
- Separating recyclables from the stream and removing unacceptable material from the line to ensure the best quality material for processing.
- Sort materials, such as metals, glass, wood, paper or plastics, into appropriate containers for cleaning, recycling, processing, storing, shipping or grading.
- Operate equipment (as required), such as forklifts, automated refuse and manual recycling collection vehicles, to move materials for processing.
A team player who is looking to develop their skills, you will take great pride in being a contributing member of this newly established workforce and play a an important part in delivering initiatives to process 28,000 tonnes of baled post-consumer PET per annum for conversion into food grade rPET resin.
Your skills and experience
- Visible belief and demonstrated commitment to safety in the workplace and working Toward Zero Harm
- Working background in PET post-consumer plastics recycling and/or other plastics recycling highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience of working within & actively contributing to a Continuous Improvement environment
- A strong work ethic, and a positive attitude that puts safety first.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job
- Be able to communicate often and professionally with co-workers and/ and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. TEAMWORK and collaborative mentality.
- Interview via Microsoft Teams
- Online Safety Assessment
- Face to face interview with Greenfields’s site Management
- Background Checks and Pre-Employment Medical
- Induction and Training
Circular Plastics Australia is joint venture between Asahi Beverages, Pact Group Holdings Ltd and Cleanaway Waste Management Ltd.
Our new $45 million world-class recycling facility is in the Nexus Precinct, just 10km outside the Albury CBD in New South Wales.
The raw plastic material that the new plant will recycle each year is the equivalent to 1 billion 600 ml PET plastic bottles, which will be used to produce more than 20,000 tonnes of new recycled food packaging and PET bottles.
This will make it the largest end-to-end recycled PET plant in Australia and will increase the amount of locally sourced and recycled PET produced in Australia by two thirds – from around 30,000 tonnes currently to over 50,000 tonnes per annum.